Posted By Viva Sarah Press On April 14, 2013 @ 4:11 am In Israel in the Spotlight | 2 Comments
Israel is marking its 65th anniversary on Tuesday, April 16. And with a click of the mouse – even if you’re not here — you can celebrate, too. ISRAEL21c has created a beautiful photo collage video highlighting the people and places that make this country so special.
We turned to Israeli singer-songwriter Rosi Golan for her uplifting music and called on readers to send in Israel photos that make them smile. The result: Three minutes of feel-good birthday cheer.
Here’s a round-up of some of the other Yom Ha’atzmaut 2013 videos on the Web:
• The Fountainheads — a group of young Israeli singers, dancers and musicians from the Ein Prat Academy for Leadership — released an original birthday song that has hit a positive note with YouTube viewers around the world.
• The international educational organization StandWithUs took a quirky angle and shows off 65 things the Israel advocacy group likes about Israel in just 65 seconds!
• AACI (the Association of Americans & Canadians in Israel) asked its members why they make Israel their home. For some it was about being Jewish, for others it was all about the food.
• The Ministry of Foreign Affairs celebrates 65 years of achievement.
• The UJA Federation in Canada and the US Center for Jewish Education organized video competitions for the 65th anniversary, with the winner receiving a trip to Israel. Here are two of the submissions:
• And if you’re looking for a real party to attend – in Israel or abroad – YouTube is brimming with promos for Yom Ha’atzmaut parties. The Tel Aviv Student Union presents the most original advertisement with its updated version of first Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion calling on everyone in the state to celebrate.
Happy birthday, Israel!Photo of the flags by Shutterstock.com
Article printed from ISRAEL21c: http://israel21c.org
URL to article: http://israel21c.org/israel-in-the-spotlight/israel-celebrates-65-in-videos/